As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read Disclosure Policy for more details.
This mushroom corn stuffed garlic bread is a Domino’s inspired recipe. It’s filled with sliced button mushrooms, juicy boiled corn, caramelized onions, spices, a creamy garlic butter mix, and mozzarella cheese. It’s a delightful appetizer on its own or can be served with pizza, soup, pasta, or salad.
This garlic bread is a delicious and easy-to-make treat that is perfect for any occasion.
You can customize the stuffing by adding other veggies such as capsicum, spinach, or even cottage cheese (paneer). Also, the best part is that you can use the leftover dough to make pizza.
This stuffed garlic bread tastes best when served hot with a cheesy dip or ketchup.
More Savory Snacks to Try
For the dough
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 Tbsp dried Italian mixed herbs seasoning
- 1 Tbsp active dry yeast
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup lukewarm water
For the stuffing
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced rings
- 1 Tbsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp dried Italian mixed herbs seasoning
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp black pepper powder
- 1 cup button mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup boiled corn kernels
- 1 tsp salt
For the garlic butter mix
- ½ cup garlic cloves, minced
- 3 Tbsp melted butter
- 1 Tbsp dried Italian mixed herbs seasoning
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- In a large mixing bowl, add all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, dried Italian mixed herbs seasoning, active dry yeast, and vegetable oil, and mix well with your hands. Then, slowly add lukewarm water and knead a semi-soft dough. Apply some oil to the dough, cover and let it rest for about 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, prepare the stuffing. Heat a frying pan with oil on low-medium heat. Add sliced onion rings and garlic paste. Sauté for 5 minutes or till onions turn slightly brown.
- Now add the spices- dried Italian mixed herbs seasoning, ground cumin, red chilli powder, and black pepper powder and cook for 5 minutes.
- Then add sliced mushrooms, boiled corn kernels, and salt. Mix well and cover the pan with a lid and cook for 10 – 15 minutes or until mushrooms and corn are soft. Turn off the heat and keep it aside.
- To make garlic herbs mix, take a small bowl and add minced garlic, melted butter, and dried Italian mixed herbs seasoning. Mix everything well and set it aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (356°F) for 10 minutes.
- Now check the dough, it should have doubled in size. Remove it from the mixing bowl, sprinkle some all-purpose flour on a flat surface and knead it again for 1-2 minutes and divide it into two halves. Using a rolling pin, roll out each half into a circle.
- Take a baking tray and sprinkle some all-purpose flour on it. Place the rolled-out circle on the tray. On the bottom half of the circle, spread out the prepared mushroom corn stuffing, and add a few teaspoons of minced garlic mix and mozzarella cheese. Pull the top half over the stuffing and fold the dough into a semicircle. Seal the edges with your fingers to prevent cheese from oozing out.
- Then brush a generous amount of prepared garlic butter mix on top. Use a sharp knife and lightly mark straight lines on the bread to cut after baking, be careful not to cut it all the way through before baking. Bake in the oven at 180°C (356°F) for 25-30 minutes or until you have nice golden-brown color.
- Brush the baked bread with melted butter and sprinkle some dried Italian herbs seasoning.
- Serve hot with a cheesy dip or ketchup, and enjoy!
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per ServingCalories 1282Total Fat 53gSaturated Fat 17gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 31gCholesterol 68mgSodium 2350mgCarbohydrates 174gFiber 17gSugar 7gProtein 37g
The nutrition info calculated is just a rough estimate and is provided as a courtesy. Bear in mind that value will vary based on variables like a specific brand or type of product used. To obtain the most accurate representation, it is highly recommended that you calculate it on your own with the actual amount and type of ingredient used.