Vegetable Spring Rolls
Indo-Chinese inspired dish of fried crispy vegetable spring rolls stuffed with veggie noodles and served with schezwan sweet chilli garlic sauce.
More Snack Recipes
Honey Chilli Potatoes (With Baked Fries)
Chilli Oil Glazed Oven Roasted Potatoes
Mushroom Corn Stuffed Garlic Bread
Vegetable Spring RollsCourse: SnacksCuisine: Vegetarian, Indo-ChineseDifficulty: Medium
Indo-Chinese inspired dish of fried crispy veg spring rolls stuffed with veggie noodles and served with schezwan sweet chilli garlic sauce.
- For Spring Roll Sheets
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
½ cup cornstarch
a pinch of salt
⅔ cup water
- For Vegetable Noddle Filling
3 Tbsp vegetable oil
4-5 garlic cloves, minced
1 cm ginger chunk, finely chopped
1 medium onion, sliced
1 medium capsicum, julienned
1 medium carrot, julienned
1 cup cabbage, shredded
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
¼ tsp ground black pepper
2 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp vinegar
1 Tbsp red chilli sauce
1 Tbsp green chilli sauce
2 Tbsp ketchup
2 Tbsp schezwan chutney
1 packet of boiled hakka noodles
- For Schezwan Sweet Chilli Garlic Sauce
2 Tbsp schezwan chutney
4 Tbsp sweet chilli garlic sauce
¼ cup hot water
Oil for frying
- Add all the spring roll sheets ingredients to a large bowl and knead a soft dough. Apply some oil to the dough, cover, and set aside.
- Place a wok or a large deep frying pan on medium heat. Add oil, garlic, ginger, and onions and sauté until lightly golden, for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add all the remaining ingredients except for noodles. Continuously toss and cook on high heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the boiled noodles, mix, and cook on high heat for 2-3 minutes. Turn off the heat and let the veggie noodles cool down.
- Prepare the dipping sauce by combining schezwan chutney, sweet chilli garlic sauce and hot water in a small bowl.
- Heat oil in a wide frying pan on low-medium heat.
- Meanwhile, remove the dough from the bowl, knead again, and form equal size balls. Dust the wooden surface with some flour and use a rolling pin to roll each ball into thin rotis. Add about a spoonful of veggie noodles, fold the sides, apply flour water slurry (mix 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour with 4 Tbsp water, mix thoroughly to remove any lumps) to seal the edges, and gently roll in the shape of a spring roll.
- Once the oil is heated, add the rolls and fry until both sides are golden and crispy.
- Cut the spring rolls and serve them hot with schezwan sweet chilli garlic sauce.