This post contains affiliate links, which means I will receive a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. Please read Disclosure Policy for more details.
If you are a coffee lover but also want to start your day with a healthy breakfast, you’ll love this 5-minute healthy coffee smoothie recipe! It is packed with nutrients, easy to make, and will give you the energy boost you need to start your day.
💚 Why You Will Love This Coffee Smoothie
Are you someone who wakes up to a hot cup of coffee every morning? Do you find it difficult to have breakfast before your first cup of coffee? If so, a coffee smoothie might just be the perfect solution for you! It is a great way to combine your love for coffee with a healthy breakfast.
Coffee is rich in antioxidants and can boost your metabolism, while bananas are a great source of fiber and potassium. By combining these two ingredients, you are getting the best of both worlds in one delicious smoothie.
☕ 🍌 What You Will Need
Here’s what you’ll need to make this delicious and healthy coffee smoothie:
Cold Brew Coffee – You can use instant or ground coffee for this.
Mix 1 cup of coarsely ground/instant coffee with 4 cups of water in a jar or bottle and steep – like tea – overnight in the refrigerator. In the morning, the mixture is ready to use. Make sure to strain the brewed coffee if you have used ground coffee.
Frozen Bananas – Provide creaminess and natural sweetness to the smoothie. Peel, cut, and freeze ripe bananas the night before.
Oats – Add fiber, antioxidants, and thickness and help to make the smoothie filling. You can use any type of oats – rolled, instant, or steel cut.
Peanut Butter – For protein and healthy fats, can also add a spoonful of any nut butter.
Milk – Feel free to use whatever milk you have on hand here.
Vanilla Extract, Ground Cinnamon, and Cardamom – For flavor.
Ice (optional) – Needed if you don’t use frozen bananas.
🔪 How To Make This Coffee Smoothie
Once you have all the ingredients gathered, add them to a high-speed blender or a juicer mixer grinder, and blend until smooth.
It’s that easy! This recipe makes two servings, but you can easily double or triple the ingredients to make more.
If the smoothie is too thick, you can add either more coffee or milk. If your smoothie is too thin, just add in a few ice cubes or frozen bananas, and re-blend.
📃 Variations Of This Coffee Smoothie
- Vegan smoothie – Make this smoothie vegan easily by using plant-based milk.
- Smoothie without bananas – Make it without bananas by replacing bananas with fresh cream or coconut milk and adding a few ice cubes.
- More protein – Besides peanut butter or any nut butter, you can add a scoop of vanilla or any other protein powder.
✔️ Helpful Tips
- Use frozen banana as it helps to keep the smoothie cold and thick. It also reduces the need to add any other sweetener.
- Add more liquid (milk or cold water) if your smoothie is too thick or won’t fully blend.
- Start the blender on low speed, then gradually increase it to high to help blend all ingredients.
- If the smoothie doesn’t taste sweet enough, you can add honey or dates.
- If you are in a rush in the morning, prepare the ingredients the night before and keep them in the fridge. In the morning, all you have to do is blend everything and you’ll have a delicious and healthy breakfast in no time!
- If you have a leftover smoothie, freeze it in ice cubes and enjoy it next time.
Overall, this smoothie is easy to make, versatile, and can be customized to your liking. It’s the perfect breakfast for coffee lovers who want to start their day on a healthy note.
🥤 More Smoothie Recipes You Might Like
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a glass, and enjoy!
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 312Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 10mgSodium 100mgCarbohydrates 56gFiber 6gSugar 29gProtein 9g
The nutrition info calculated is just a rough estimate and is provided as a courtesy. Bear in mind that value will vary based on variables like a specific brand or type of product used. To obtain the most accurate representation, it is highly recommended that you calculate it on your own with the actual amount and type of ingredient used.