As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read Disclosure Policy for more details.
More Dessert Recipes
- ¼ cup melted refined coconut oil
- ½ cup roasted walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 ⅔ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup oat milk
- ½ cup fresh orange juice
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp ground flax seeds
- 6 Tbsp water
- Ice cream
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (356°F) for 10 minutes and line a 9x9 inch square baking tin or 5x10 inch bread tin mould with parchment paper.
- Make the flax egg by mixing ground flax seeds with water and set aside for 5 minutes to thicken.
- In a large bowl, sieve through all-purpose flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, and salt. Mix them well.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add vanilla extract, brown sugar, oat milk, orange juice, coconut oil, and flax egg. Mix everything well. Then add the dry ingredients and walnuts and combine everything.
- Finally, add in the dark chocolate and gently fold in the batter.
Smooth the batter into the parchment-lined baking dish, and spread evenly. Sprinkle some dark chocolate pieces on the top. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the brownie comes out clean.
- Once baked, remove the brownie from the oven and allow it to completely cool before cutting it into pieces.
- Finally, enjoy the brownie as it is, or warm it in the oven or microwave for a few minutes to relish with your favorite ice cream flavor. You can also pour melted chocolate on the ice cream and top it with rainbow sprinkles.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per ServingCalories 795Total Fat 37gSaturated Fat 20gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 17mgSodium 519mgCarbohydrates 104gFiber 7gSugar 51gProtein 12g
The nutrition info calculated is just a rough estimate and is provided as a courtesy. Bear in mind that value will vary based on variables like a specific brand or type of product used. To obtain the most accurate representation, it is highly recommended that you calculate it on your own with the actual amount and type of ingredient used.