This post contains affiliate links, which means I will receive a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. Please read Disclosure Policy for more details.
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- 2 Tbsp neutral-flavored oil, such as vegetable or light olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup water
- Add sesame seeds to a pan over medium-low heat and toast, stirring constantly for 3-5 minutes or until the seeds become fragrant and lightly brown-colored.
- Let the seeds cool down and then transfer them to the mixer grinder and process until you get a crumbly paste.
- Then add oil and water. Process again until you get a paste with a smooth consistency.
- Store the tahini in an airtight jar for up to a month. It goes so well in dressings, dips, and spreads such as hummus.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 192Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 0mgSodium 203mgCarbohydrates 7gFiber 4gSugar 0gProtein 4g
The nutrition info calculated is just a rough estimate and is provided as a courtesy. Bear in mind that value will vary based on variables like a specific brand or type of product used. To obtain the most accurate representation, it is highly recommended that you calculate it on your own with the actual amount and type of ingredient used.