As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read Disclosure Policy for more details.
Summertime is mango time and the delicious “king of fruits” is here! Mangoes are low in calories yet high in nutrients — particularly vitamin C, which aids immunity, iron absorption and growth, and repair. You must have had mango shakes many times but have you ever tried these frozen gluten-free mango bars? I am sure you’re gonna love these!
The nutty and crumbly crust is made with ground oats, almonds, and walnuts and then topped with creamy mango filling. The filling is comprised of mangoes, corn starch (for thickening), vanilla extract, and milk. That’s all! A chilled dessert made with just a few basic ingredients!
You are going to love these mango bars, they are:
Not too sweet (minimal added sugar)
Perfect frozen treat
You don’t even need to add any sweetener if your mangoes are super sweet. So remember to adjust the amount of sweetener according to the mangoes you have available.
PRO TIP – Make sure you chill the bars before you enjoy them. Slice them when taken straight from the freezer. If the mango center starts to get warm, it will ruin the taste.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup raw almonds
- ½ cup raw walnuts
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4-5 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 cups mangoes, chopped
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup milk
- 2 Tbsp desiccated coconut
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped walnuts
- Add oats, almonds, walnuts, brown sugar, and salt to a blender and blend until you get a fine consistency.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and add melted coconut oil, combine everything well to make a doughlike mixture. If too dry, add a bit more melted coconut oil.
- Transfer the mixture to a parchment-lined baking tray and spread evenly. Use a flat-bottomed object, such as a drinking glass or a spatula, to press down firmly until the crust is evenly distributed and well-packed.
- Bake it in the oven at 180°C (356°F) for 20-25 minutes, or until the edges and middle of the crust are golden brown. Then, remove it from the oven and let it cool.
- Now to prepare the mango filling, add the chopped mangoes, corn starch, pure vanilla extract, and milk to a blender. Mix on high until very creamy and smooth.
- Pour the batter over the pre-baked crust. Tap on the counter to remove any air bubbles.
- Sprinkle some desiccated coconut and finely chopped walnuts over the top.
- Place in the freezer(uncovered) for 2 hours to set and cool completely or in the refrigerator for 5-6 hours or overnight.
- Remove the bar from the freezer and lift it out of the pan with the parchment paper. Cut it into squares, serve, and enjoy!
- Store the leftover bars in the freezer for 3-4 days, or in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per ServingCalories 719Total Fat 60gSaturated Fat 40gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 15gCholesterol 2mgSodium 116mgCarbohydrates 40gFiber 6gSugar 18gProtein 8g
The nutrition info calculated is just a rough estimate and is provided as a courtesy. Bear in mind that value will vary based on variables like a specific brand or type of product used. To obtain the most accurate representation, it is highly recommended that you calculate it on your own with the actual amount and type of ingredient used.