This post contains affiliate links, which means I will receive a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. Please read Disclosure Policy for more details.
Jaggery is an unrefined form of sugar made from sugar cane. It’s an excellent digestive and a perfectly healthy substitute for processed sugar that is normally added to classic Indian chai!
This jaggery masala tea is made with a homemade blend of spice mix thus making the tea absolutely delicious.
You can veganize this recipe by replacing milk with dairy-free milk.
- 2 cups water
- 3 tsp black tea leaves
- 1 ½ tsp chai spice mix
- 1 cup milk
- 3 Tbsp crushed organic jaggery
- Add water to a saucepan placed on medium heat, and allow it to boil.
- Add black tea leaves and chai spice mix. Cover the saucepan with a lid and simmer for 5-7 mins.
- Add milk and boil on medium heat. As tea begins to boil, reduce the heat and continue to simmer.
- Add jaggery and simmer for 5 mins while stirring occasionally (avoiding lumps).
- Finally, with the help of a strainer strain the tea and serve it hot.
Nutrition InformationYield 3 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 83Total Fat 2gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 7mgSodium 48mgCarbohydrates 15gFiber 0gSugar 15gProtein 3g
The nutrition info calculated is just a rough estimate and is provided as a courtesy. Bear in mind that value will vary based on variables like a specific brand or type of product used. To obtain the most accurate representation, it is highly recommended that you calculate it on your own with the actual amount and type of ingredient used.