As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read Disclosure Policy for more details.
When it comes to enjoying spring rolls, one essential element that elevates their flavors and adds an explosion of taste is the dipping sauce. Spring roll dipping sauce is a versatile condiment that complements the crispy and savory rolls, adding a burst of flavor and moisture to each bite. This sauce is a combination of three elements – sweetness, spiciness, and tanginess.
🥫 What You Will Need
You just need two store-bought ingredients and hot water to whisk together this yummy sauce.
🥣 How to Make This Sauce
- In a bowl, whisk together schezwan chutney, sweet chilli garlic sauce, and hot water.
- Stir well until all the ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
✔️ Some Helpful Tips
To make the most out of your spring roll dipping sauce experience, here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Balance the flavors: Aim for a balance of sweet, salty, tangy, and spicy flavors in your dipping sauce to create a harmonious combination with the rolls.
- Experiment with combinations: Don’t be afraid to mix and match different dipping sauces to discover unique and exciting flavor combinations.
- Adjust spiciness level: If you prefer a milder or spicier dipping sauce, feel free to adjust the amount of spice (e.g., increase the amount of schezwan sauce) to your liking.
- Serve at the right temperature: Most dipping sauces taste best when served at room temperature, allowing the flavors to develop fully.
❔ Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use spring roll dipping sauce for other dishes?
Absolutely! While spring roll dipping sauce is traditionally used for spring rolls, it can also be enjoyed with other dishes like dumplings, veggie wraps, or even as a salad dressing.
Can I make the sauce ahead of time?
It’s a great idea to make it ahead of time, allowing the flavors to intensify.
Are dipping sauces gluten-free?
It depends on the ingredients used. Some sauces may contain soy sauce, which often contains gluten. However, you can opt for gluten-free soy sauce as a substitute.
🍵 More Sauces & Dressings to Try
- Prepare the dipping sauce by combining schezwan chutney, sweet chilli garlic sauce, and hot water in a small bowl.
- Serve the sauce with veg spring rolls, and enjoy!
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per ServingCalories 151Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 24mgSodium 578mgCarbohydrates 8gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 9g
The nutrition info calculated is just a rough estimate and is provided as a courtesy. Bear in mind that value will vary based on variables like a specific brand or type of product used. To obtain the most accurate representation, it is highly recommended that you calculate it on your own with the actual amount and type of ingredient used.