As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read Disclosure Policy for more details.
This delicious chocolate milkshake smoothie is the creamiest and healthiest shake you’ll ever try. It’s a quick recipe that takes around 5 minutes to make. Made with frozen bananas, dates, and hazelnut butter, it’s so delicious that it will easily become your go-to breakfast.
Chocolate Milkshake Smoothie Tips
- Use frozen bananas for natural sweetness and a thick creamy consistency.
- Add more cocoa powder or dark chocolate to make the recipe more decadent.
- Add more milk if you’d prefer a thinner shake.
- If desired, serve topped with ice cream or whipped cream with a dash of chocolate sauce.
- You can easily make this shake vegan by using vegan hazelnut butter and replacing milk with dairy-free milk such as oat, soy, or almond milk.
- With this recipe as a base, you can make other smoothie milkshakes:
- replace hazelnut butter with nutella, peanut butter, or any other nut flavor you’d prefer
- replace half of the milk with strong cold brewed coffee to make a mocha smoothie
- If you have a leftover chocolate milkshake smoothie, freeze it in an ice cube tray and blend it again with more milk to enjoy the smoothie again, or fill ice pop molds to enjoy chocolatey popsicles.
- You can also add ground flax seeds (about 1 tsp) for more nutrition without affecting the flavor of the smoothie.
- Add granola on the top for crunchiness and more fiber.
More Smoothies to Try
- 2 frozen bananas
- 2 Tbsp hazelnut butter
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 3-4 pitted dates
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- ⅛ tsp ground cinnamon
- a pinch of salt
- 1 ½ cup milk
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend on high until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and top with granola.
- Serve immediately, and enjoy!
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per ServingCalories 592Total Fat 25gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 19gCholesterol 17mgSodium 187mgCarbohydrates 69gFiber 10gSugar 39gProtein 29g
The nutrition info calculated is just a rough estimate and is provided as a courtesy. Bear in mind that value will vary based on variables like a specific brand or type of product used. To obtain the most accurate representation, it is highly recommended that you calculate it on your own with the actual amount and type of ingredient used.