This post contains affiliate links, which means I will receive a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. Please read Disclosure Policy for more details.
This classic, rich and creamy mushroom soup is made with button mushrooms, garlic, onions, dry herbs and spices, and cream. You can also serve this as a meal or a starter with toasted bread.
Creamy Mushroom Soup Tips
- The best way to get a creamy texture is to use cream or milk.
- The soup can be thickened using flour or cornstarch slurry. To prepare the cornstarch slurry, whisk together 2 Tbsp cornstarch and 4 Tbsp water until there are no lumps.
- The soup is best enjoyed hot, either on its own or with toasted bread.
- If you don’t like mushroom chunks and prefer a smooth soup, then you can blend the soup using an immersion blender after it’s cooked.
- For the delicious taste, slowly caramelize the mushrooms until they are golden brown and simmer the soup for 20-25 minutes after adding all the ingredients.
More Soups to Try
- Add olive oil to a pot over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add garlic and onions. Sauté until lightly golden, then add the mushrooms, dry oregano, ground black pepper, and salt. Mix and cook until mushrooms are soft and brown, for about 7-10 minutes.
- Now add water, cream, and cornstarch slurry. Stir well, partially cover with a lid, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, stirring occasionally, and simmer for 10-15 minutes to thicken.
- Serve hot, and enjoy!
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 184Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 34mgSodium 602mgCarbohydrates 12gFiber 2gSugar 4gProtein 3g
The nutrition info calculated is just a rough estimate and is provided as a courtesy. Bear in mind that value will vary based on variables like a specific brand or type of product used. To obtain the most accurate representation, it is highly recommended that you calculate it on your own with the actual amount and type of ingredient used.