As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read Disclosure Policy for more details.
- ⅔ cup neutral flavor oil
- 3-4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cm ginger chunk, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 2-inch cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup dry red chillies, crushed
- ½ Tbsp sesame seeds, roasted
- To a saucepan on low-medium heat, add all the ingredients except for red chillies and sesame seeds.
- Let the oil sizzle for 5-7 minutes and when it’s really hot and starts to bubble, turn off the flame. Be careful not to burn the garlic and spices.
- Mix red chillies and sesame seeds in a heat-resistant bowl and pour the hot oil over the chilli mix and stir it in. Remove the bay leaves and cinnamon stick and let the oil cool down.
- Store the chilli oil in a sealed jar in the fridge and enjoy it for several months with noodles, fried rice, roasted potatoes, and other recipes.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per ServingCalories 235Total Fat 25gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 23gCholesterol 0mgSodium 195mgCarbohydrates 3gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 1g
The nutrition info calculated is just a rough estimate and is provided as a courtesy. Bear in mind that value will vary based on variables like a specific brand or type of product used. To obtain the most accurate representation, it is highly recommended that you calculate it on your own with the actual amount and type of ingredient used.