As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read Disclosure Policy for more details.
If you’re looking for a sweet healthy snack recipe, then try these candied sesame roasted almonds. Made with jaggery and a few other simple ingredients, these nuts are surprisingly easy to make and are also good for travel snacks. You can swap almonds for cashews or walnuts.
How to make sesame roasted candied almonds
These sesame almonds are quick to make and require little prep. You’ll first need to melt jaggery with coconut oil on a stove on medium-low heat. Stir the mix until you get a sticky consistency. Then take a medium-size mixing bowl and add raw almonds, salt, cinnamon powder, black pepper powder, and warm jaggery mixture, and combine everything well. Make sure the almonds are coated well with jaggery. Then spread the almonds onto a parchment-lined baking tray and roast for 5 minutes. Note that it’s important to use parchment paper, otherwise the almonds will stick to the baking tray. After roasting for 5 minutes, take the tray out of the oven and sprinkle some sesame seeds, and using forks coat the almonds well. Pop them again in the oven to roast for another 5 minutes. Finally, let the almonds cool completely on the baking tray before breaking them apart. They crisp up as they cool to room temperature.
Store these candied roasted almonds in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup jaggery, crushed into small pieces
- 1 cup raw almonds
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or 356°F for 10 minutes.
- In a saucepan over medium heat add coconut oil and crushed jaggery. Stir continuously till the jaggery melts properly.
- Take a mixing bowl, add almonds, salt, ground cinnamon, and ground black pepper, and pour over the melted jaggery. Toss to combine well.
- Transfer the mixture to a parchment-lined baking tray and bake in the oven for 5 minutes at 180°C.
- Then remove from the oven, add the sesame seeds, toss to coat using forks, and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Once done, coat the sesame almonds with melted jaggery using forks. Allow the nuts to cool fully before enjoying.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per ServingCalories 286Total Fat 22gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 0mgSodium 149mgCarbohydrates 18gFiber 4gSugar 12gProtein 7g
The nutrition info calculated is just a rough estimate and is provided as a courtesy. Bear in mind that value will vary based on variables like a specific brand or type of product used. To obtain the most accurate representation, it is highly recommended that you calculate it on your own with the actual amount and type of ingredient used.