Healthy Savory Oats Trail Mix
Delicious and crunchy vegan oat trail mix loaded with healthy fats and protein.
If you enjoy munching on snacks or looking for a new way to include oats in your diet, then this healthy savory oats trail mix is the perfect recipe for you. It’s made with rolled oats, flattened rice (poha), puffed rice (muramure), nuts and spices. This trail mixture is a common Indian evening tea time accompaniment and much healthier than the store-bought version. It’s so easy to make and takes only 20 minutes from start to finish!
This oats trail mix makes for a great on-the-go snack and can easily be stored for 2-3 weeks in an airtight jar at room temperature.
You can also turn this recipe into a quick healthy chaat. Just before serving, add a few tablespoons of chopped onions, tomatoes, cucumber, mint leaves, coriander leaves, and freshly squeezed lemon juice.
More Recipes with Oats
No Bake Chocolate Chip Energy Bites
Healthy Savory Oats Trail MixCourse: SnacksCuisine: VeganDifficulty: Easy
Delicious and crunchy oats trail mix made with rolled oats, flattened rice, puffed rice, nuts, and spices.
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup flattened rice (poha)
1/2 cup puffed rice (muramure)
1/4 cup raw peanuts
1/4 cup raw almonds
1/4 cup raw walnuts
1 Tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp mustard seeds
3-4 dry red chillies
8-10 curry leaves
1/4 tsp asafoetida (hing)
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp dry mango powder (amchur powder)
1 tsp salt
2 Tbsp coconut flakes
- Sieve the oats to get rid of fine particles. Take a deep pan and dry roast them on medium heat until they turn slightly golden. Transfer to a plate and set it aside.
- In the same pan, dry roast flattened rice and puffed rice one after the other until they turn slightly golden. Transfer to plates and set them aside.
- To the same pan, add coconut oil, and then add peanuts, almonds, and walnuts. Roast them for about 5 minutes on medium heat or until they turn golden brown. Then take them out in a bowl.
- Now to the same pan with oil, add mustard seeds, red chillies and curry leaves together. Fry them until mustard seeds start to crackle and red chillies and curry leaves turn crispy.
- Simmer the heat to low. Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, dry mango powder, and coconut flakes. Mix well and fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Add roasted dry fruits, oats, puffed rice, flattened rice, and salt. Mix everything well on low flame for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let the mixture cool.
- Serve and enjoy!