As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read Disclosure Policy for more details.
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 3-4 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 Tbsp ginger, grated
- 1 small green chilli, finely chopped
- 2 medium-size onions, finely chopped
- ½ cup tomato puree
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground red chilli
- ½ tsp red chilli flakes
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 ½ cups rice, rinsed
- 1 ½ cups red kidney beans, cooked
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup capsicum, finely chopped
- 4 cups water
- 1Tbsp lemon juice
- Place a large wide pot on medium heat, and add 2 Tbsp olive oil. After the oil is heated, add garlic, ginger, green chillies, and onions. Saute them for 2-3 minutes or until the onions are slightly caramelized.
- Add tomato puree, ground cumin, ground red chilli, red chilli flakes, ground black pepper, and salt. Mix everything well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add rice, kidney beans, corn kernels, capsicum, and water. Mix everything well, bring it to a boil and then cover the pot with a lid and cook on low heat for 20-25 minutes or until the rice is cooked.
- Once the rice is cooked, turn off the heat. Add lemon juice and olive oil and gently mix everything. Cover with a lid and let the flavors blend for 5 minutes.
- Finally, serve hot and enjoy!
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per ServingCalories 376Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 0mgSodium 1195mgCarbohydrates 53gFiber 8gSugar 8gProtein 11g
The nutrition info calculated is just a rough estimate and is provided as a courtesy. Bear in mind that value will vary based on variables like a specific brand or type of product used. To obtain the most accurate representation, it is highly recommended that you calculate it on your own with the actual amount and type of ingredient used.