As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read Disclosure Policy for more details.
- 4-5 bay leaves (tej patta)
- 8-10 cloves (laung)
- 3-4 black cardamoms (badi elaichi)
- 8-10 green cardamoms (elaichi)
- ½ Tbsp carom seeds (ajwain)
- 1 Tbsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1 Tbsp coriander seeds (dhaniya)
- ½ Tbsp black peppercorns (kali mirch)
- 3-4 dry red chillies (lal mirch)
- 2 two-inch cinnamon sticks (dalchini)
- Dry roast all the spices in a pan on medium heat (without burning) until they begin to smell nice.
- Add all the roasted spices to a grinder jar and grind to make a fine powder.
- Store the garam masala in an airtight jar away from direct sunlight and use it for preparing Indian meals. If stored properly, it will last for a couple of months.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per ServingCalories 28Total Fat 1gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 11mgCarbohydrates 6gFiber 2gSugar 1gProtein 1g
The nutrition info calculated is just a rough estimate and is provided as a courtesy. Bear in mind that value will vary based on variables like a specific brand or type of product used. To obtain the most accurate representation, it is highly recommended that you calculate it on your own with the actual amount and type of ingredient used.