Cinnamon Roll Cookies (Egg Free)
Get the flavors of cinnamon rolls in these soft and crunchy cookies filled with swirls of cinnamon and brown sugar.
Cinnamon Roll Cookies (Egg Free)Course: Desserts, SnacksCuisine: VegetarianDifficulty: Easy
Get the flavors of cinnamon rolls in these soft and crunchy cinnamon and brown sugar-filled cookies.
- For Cookie Dough
2 cups all-purpose flour
½ cup powdered sugar
½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 Tbsp flax egg
¼ cup coconut oil, melted
⅔ cup milk
- For Cinnamon and Brown Sugar Filling
¼ cup brown sugar
2 Tbsp ground cinnamon
2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- Take a large mixing bowl, sieve all the cookie dough’s dry ingredients, and give a gentle mix. Then, add all the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and combine everything well using a spatula until you have a soft dough. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to prepare the cinnamon roll filling, take a small bowl and add brown sugar, cinnamon, and coconut oil and mix everything well. Set the mixture aside.
- Roll the dough into a thin rectangle (about 1/4″ thickness) on a wooden board using a rolling pin. Spread the cinnamon sugar mix and roll the rectangle into a log. Freeze the dough log for 20 minutes to solidify.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (390°F) for 10 minutes. Slice the dough log into 1 cm thick cookies and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 20 minutes or until they are lightly browned on the sides.
- Remove from the oven, and allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before serving.
- Cookies can be stored in an airtight jar at room temperature for 3-4 days.
- Recipe lightly adapted from Aline Made Vegan Cinnamon Roll Cookies.