No-Bake Chocolate Chip Energy Bites
This no-bake chocolate chip energy bites recipe is a healthy take on traditional baked cookies. It’s full of feel-good ingredients and utterly delicious!
These wholesome no-bake chocolate chip energy bites are the perfect go-to snack or breakfast. They are made with ingredients that are usually available in the pantry such as rolled oats, dates, chia seeds, flax seeds, nut butter (any flavor), and chocolate chips. These bliss balls are loaded with protein, fiber, and healthy fats that keep you full and filled with energy throughout the day. No need for an oven, just combine everything in a bowl and roll them into bite-sized balls!
You can also make them in batches and keep them in the freezer for up to a week. They are portable snacks and have all the flavors of granola bars compacted into little bite-sized portions.
- Homemade nut butter – It’s almond and walnut flavored, helps to bind the energy bites. You can use peanut butter, cashew butter, or any of your favorite nut butter.
- Dates– Add some natural sweetness. You can also use honey in place of dates.
- Rolled oats – Best healthy and gluten-free base ingredient.
- Flax seeds – Provide a healthy dose of Omega-3s, protein and fiber. You can omit flax seeds if you’d like, or substitute them for more oats or chia seeds.
- Chia seeds – High in fat, fiber and protein! They’re optional but I like to add in a few tablespoons.
- Dark chocolate chips – Perfect for chocolatey flavor! I have used semi-sweet dark chocolate chips. Feel free to add dark chocolate pieces if you have those in hand.
- Shredded coconut – For added flavor.
How to make these energy bites
- Soften the dates. First off soften the dates by soaking them in hot water for around 10 minutes, then they will be easy to blend.
- Blend. Add all the ingredients to a blender until fudge consistency is achieved.
- Roll into balls. Roll the mixture into 1-inch balls.
- Chill. Chill the prepared energy bites in the freezer for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve. Enjoy immediately! Or refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 1 week.
PRO TIP – If you find the dough sticky, place it in the fridge for 5-10 minutes before rolling. Once chilled, portion the dough into small energy bites.
No-Bake Chocolate Chip Energy BitesCourse: SnacksCuisine: VegetarianDifficulty: Easy
A healthy protein-packed breakfast or snack loaded with old-fashioned rolled oats, homemade nut butter, and chocolate chips.
1/2 cup any nut butter (used homemade nut butter)
4 pitted dates
1 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup flax seeds
2 Tbsp chia seeds
1/4 cup water (if required)
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1/4 cup shredded coconut
- Soak the dates in hot water for 10 minutes to soften them.
- Add all the ingredients to a blender except dark chocolate chips and shredded coconut until fudge consistency is achieved. Stop occasionally to scrape down the sides.
- Now add the dark chocolate chips and shredded coconut and blend once or twice to roughly chop the chocolate chips.
- Transfer the batter to a bowl and form one–inch round balls.
- To set, pop them in the freezer for 15 minutes. Otherwise, eat them as is but they taste best frozen.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.