This post contains affiliate links, which means I will receive a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. Please read Disclosure Policy for more details.
For Vanilla Cupcakes
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
For Buttercream Frosting
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (356°F) for 10 minutes.
- Whisk together yogurt, milk, coconut oil, and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl. Then sift the dry ingredients - all-purpose flour, powdered sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda into the same bowl. Use a spatula to mix everything well until the batter is smooth and there are no lumps.
- Brush the cupcake tray with coconut oil. Then distribute the batter evenly into each mold, about three-quarters full each.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 180°C or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow the cupcakes to cool.
- To prepare the frosting, add the softened butter to a large mixing bowl. Use an electric hand mixer to mix the butter until it's creamy. Then sift in the powdered sugar and mix on high speed until the butter and sugar are well combined.
- Now add in the vanilla extract and whipping cream and continue mixing on high for 1-2 minutes. Cover the frosting bowl and place it in the freezer for 15 minutes to thicken.
- To assemble the cupcakes, bag the frosting into a piping bag. Use any star tip to swirl the buttercream frosting evenly onto the cupcakes.
- Finally, top with some rainbow sprinkles. Serve, and enjoy!
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 630Total Fat 42gSaturated Fat 26gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 83mgSodium 425mgCarbohydrates 57gFiber 1gSugar 30gProtein 7g
The nutrition info calculated is just a rough estimate and is provided as a courtesy. Bear in mind that value will vary based on variables like a specific brand or type of product used. To obtain the most accurate representation, it is highly recommended that you calculate it on your own with the actual amount and type of ingredient used.