Egg Free Chocolate Cake
This egg free chocolate cake is delicious, moist, and fluffy. It’s truly easy to bake and needs a few simple ingredients.
You don’t need an occasion or celebration to enjoy a piece of chocolate cake. It’s one of those recipes that’s not easy to resist and once you bake, it won’t last very long among friends and family.
Tips to Make the Best Egg Free Chocolate Cake
- Use good quality cocoa powder. I mainly prefer Hershey’s or Weikfield.
- Make sure all the ingredients – milk, butter, and condensed milk are at room temperature (~70°F or 21°C) to create a smooth batter. Cold ingredients do not combine well and result in a flat and dense cake.
- Measure the ingredients properly using spoons and measuring cups.
- Mix dry and wet ingredients by gently folding them using a spatula until they are well combined. But be careful not to over-mix as an over-mixed batter deflates out all the air and lends a dense cake.
- Make sure to line your baking tin with parchment paper. This ensures that the bottom of the cake will not stick to the pan and that it will all come out in one piece. If you don’t have parchment paper, you can grease the pan with melted butter or vegetable oil.
- Allow the cake to cool off completely in the pan before transferring it to the cooling rack and before you start frosting. This helps to properly settle down the flavors and saves the frosting from melting.
More Desserts with Chocolate
Vegan Chocolate Orange Brownies
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread (Egg Free)
Egg Free Chocolate CakeCourse: DessertsCuisine: VegetarianDifficulty: Easy
This egg-free chocolate cake is delicious, moist, and fluffy. It’s truly easy to bake and needs a few simple ingredients.
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup milk (at room temperature)
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup melted butter
1/2 cup condensed milk
1/3 cup softened butter
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup milk (at room temperature)
1 cup icing sugar
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup melted dark chocolate
Dark chocolate chips
White chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or 356°F for 10 mins. Line a 6″ round cake pan with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl sift the dry ingredients (all-purpose flour, baking powder, and cocoa powder).
- To the same bowl add condensed milk, melted butter, vanilla extract, and milk. Mix until everything is well combined, but make sure not to overmix.
- Pour the mixture into the lined cake pan and bake at 180°C or 356°F for 35 – 40 mins or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, make the frosting. To a large bowl, add butter, cocoa powder, icing sugar, milk, melted dark chocolate, and vanilla extract. Mix with an electric or hand mixer or whisk until smooth and creamy. Refrigerate the frosting for a few minutes to thicken.
- Once the cake is done baking, let it cool off for 10 minutes in the cake pan before transferring it to a cooling rack to let it cool off completely.
- Using a spatula or butter knife, spread out a thick layer of frosting on the cake.
- Sprinkle dark chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, and rainbow confetti to decorate the chocolate cake, and enjoy!
- The cake can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 days but best if enjoyed immediately.
- The frosting can be made ahead of time and stored in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
- You can decorate the cake with toppings of your choice, such as fresh fruits and nuts.
- Total time does not include cooling time.