As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read Disclosure Policy for more details.
Pick Up Limes introduced me to oatmeals a few years ago. I never thought eating oats could be this fun. Since then I often make oatmeal for breakfast. What I love about this oatmeal recipe is that it has no added sugar because it’s naturally sweetened with dates and fruits.
A bowl of this oatmeal will give you lots of energy and will keep you full for a couple of hours. This hearty and delicious breakfast will soon become one of your favorites too!
How to Make This Delicious Oatmeal
- Use rolled oats. They have a short cooking time, around 5 minutes, and turn out creamy.
- Stick to the ratio – ½ cup of oats to 1 cup of milk. If you use less milk, it may not fully cook all the oats. If you use more milk, it may end up looking too mushy.
- Top up with seasonal fruits, nut butter, granola, and seeds for best results.
More Recipes With Oats
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 medium ripe banana, cut into small pieces
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/4 cup pitted dates, diced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground flax seeds
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 4 cups milk at room temperature
- Place a saucepan on medium heat and add oats along with milk, dates, banana, cinnamon powder, salt, ground flax seeds, and chia seeds.
- Bring it to a boil, stirring occasionally, and then reduce to low heat. Cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add to a bowl and enjoy with desired toppings.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per ServingCalories 958Total Fat 30gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 18gCholesterol 39mgSodium 866mgCarbohydrates 142gFiber 20gSugar 59gProtein 36g
The nutrition info calculated is just a rough estimate and is provided as a courtesy. Bear in mind that value will vary based on variables like a specific brand or type of product used. To obtain the most accurate representation, it is highly recommended that you calculate it on your own with the actual amount and type of ingredient used.