This post contains affiliate links, which means I will receive a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. Please read Disclosure Policy for more details.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- ½ tsp black pepper powder
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium broccoli crown, chopped
- Rinse quinoa under cold water in a strainer. Repeat this 3-4 times. Without rinsing, quinoa can have a bitter taste.
- Now heat a saucepan on medium heat and add 2 cups of water. Add a pinch of salt and ½ tsp oil. Bring water to a boil. Then, pour the quinoa and chopped broccoli into the water and cover with a lid, and set to low heat.
- When the quinoa and broccoli are cooked, drain the water and set them aside. Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan or kadhai over low-medium heat. Add garlic and onions and saute for 2-3 minutes until they are slightly golden.
- Now add the spices and salt and cook for 2-3 minutes and then add mushrooms and broccoli. Cover with a lid and cook until mushrooms and broccoli are cooked and softened.
- Finally, add the cooked quinoa to the veggie mix and combine everything well. Turn off the heat, serve fresh, and enjoy!
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 294Total Fat 16gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 0mgSodium 1203mgCarbohydrates 32gFiber 6gSugar 5gProtein 8g
The nutrition info calculated is just a rough estimate and is provided as a courtesy. Bear in mind that value will vary based on variables like a specific brand or type of product used. To obtain the most accurate representation, it is highly recommended that you calculate it on your own with the actual amount and type of ingredient used.